Veggie Lovers Pizza
Homemade pizza is perfect for a special night in! This meal made with love is great for the whole family.
START TO FINISH
1 pizza dough rolled/shaped into a heart shape
1 cup pizza sauce (or your favorite tomato sauce)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cups Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Pepper Rings
½ cup Pero Family Farms Snipped Green Beans, sliced into bite size pieces
2 tbsp. fresh basil, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: crushed red pepper, oregano and parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil to medium high temperature.
- To the heated pan, add Mini Sweet Peppers, Green Beans, salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Roll the pizza dough out into a large rectangular shape, then gently fold the dough over. Using a pizza cutter, cut your dough into the shape of a heart. Place the dough on a pizza stone or a well-greased baking tray.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly throughout the center of the dough, leaving ½ in. dry around the edges for the crust.
- Next add half off the mozzarella cheese along with half of the cooked Mini Sweet Peppers and Green Beans. Repeat this step, using the remaining cheese and vegetables.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from the oven, and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- To serve, sprinkle with your favorite pizza toppings, like crushed red pepper, oregano and parmesan cheese.