Skinny Green Bean Casserole
flavor profile | savory
Move over Turkey, there’s a new main character this Thanksgiving. Pero Family Farms’ Skinny Green Bean Casserole has all the warm and comforting flavors of your favorite traditional side dish, with a lot less of those processed ingredients!
START TO FINISH
What you need
24 oz. Pero Family Farms Green Beans
2 cups Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Peppers, sliced into rings
2 cups baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 cup goat cheese, crumbles
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 shallots, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic
Salt and pepper, to taste
What you need
Let’s Get Started
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.
- Blanch the Green Beans and set aside.
- Preheat a sauté pan with olive oil to medium-high temperature.
- Add the Mini Sweet Peppers, mushrooms, shallots and garlic to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, place the blanched green beans into a casserole dish and drizzle the vinegar evenly over the beans.
- Place the cooked vegetables evenly over the top of the green beans.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan cheese, goat cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the cheese and breadcrumb mixture evenly down the middle of the casserole dish.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.