Grilled Mini Sweet Pepper Flatbread
flavor profile | savory
An easy way to keep the heat out of the kitchen this Summer is to take pizza night outside on the grill! Our Grilled Mini Sweet Pepper Flatbread is the perfect appetizer or dinner for the family. Easy to customize, this crowd-pleaser will be on repeat all Summer.
START TO FINISH
What you need
8oz. Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Peppers, grilled
½ cup pesto
½ cup corn, grilled, cut off cob
½ cup red onion, sliced thin
1 tbsp. fresh basil, cut into thin strips
½ cup warm water
½ tsp. active dry yeast
1 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for bowl and brushing
1 1/3 cups flour
Salt to taste
What you need
Let’s Get Started
- Heat a grill or grill pan until hot.
- Place water in a medium bowl, and sprinkle yeast on top; stir to dissolve. Let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, flour, and salt; combine.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 4 equal pieces, and roll out each into a 1/8-inch-thick round. Lightly brush both sides of each roundwith olive oil, and place the rounds directly on the hot grill.
- Grill the flatbread until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and spread pesto on the crust
- Top with grilled Mini Sweet Peppers, corn, red onion, parmesan cheese and basil