Golden Maple Sage Butternut Squash
flavor profile | sweet, maple
Made with our Cubed Butternut Squash, this recipe has a light sweetness and pairs great with the lightly toasted crunch of pine nuts.
START TO FINISH
What you need
1 Container Pero Family Farms 22oz. Butternut Squash Cubes
1 TBLS Butter
¼ cup Maple Syrup
2 tsp Fresh Sage, minced
¼ cup Pine Nuts, toasted
1 tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
What you need
* Only available in select markets
Let’s Get Started
- To begin preparing the butternut squash steam as directed on the package for 2 minutes. Once steam remove the top of the package.
- Heat butter in a skillet pan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the butternut squash cubes. Season with a pinch or 2 of salt. Let this cook for 10 minutes over low/medium heat. Stir occasionally. Once the butternut squash has cooked add half of the fresh sage and half of the maple syrup and stir. Let this become fragrant.
- Turn the heat off and garnish the rest of the maple syrup and sage.
- To toast the pine nuts. Take a small skillet pan and place the pine nuts on the pan and toast over medium/high heat. Make sure to shake the pan every 30 seconds so as to not burn the pine nuts. Once the pine nuts become golden and fragrant. Turn the heat off and garnish the maple butternut squash with the toasted pine nuts.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Find pero family farms products near you.