French Bean Lentil Side Dish
flavor profile | crunchy
This yummy vegan side dish made with our French Beans, sweet potatoes, and shaved brussels sprouts topped with a soy balsamic vinaigrette feels comforting and healthy with every bite!
START TO FINISH
What you need
8 oz. Pero Family Farms French Beans
1 tbls Olive oil
2/3 cups Lentil
½ cup Yam or Sweet Potato, cooked and cubed
1 cup Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced
1 tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
Balsamic Soy Dressing
1 – 2 tbls Olive Oil
2 tbls Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbls Soy Sauce or Shoyu, low sodium
What you need
Let’s Get Started
- To cook the lentils place them into a sauce pan with equal parts water (2/3 cup) and a few pinches of salt. Bring this to a boil and once at a strong boil reduce heat to low and cover the sauce pan. Let the lentils cook for 15 minutes. Once cooked fluff lightly with a fork and place into the bowl with the remaining ingredients for the dish.
- Steam or bake the yam/sweet potato. Once cooked carefully remove the skin and cut into small cubes.
- For the Pero Family Farms French Beans steam the vegetable according to the directions on the bag. Once steamed carefully remove the French Beans from the bag and place into a bowl.
- Remove the ends of the brussels sprouts and thinly slice them. Add the thinly sliced brussels sprouts into the bowl with French Beans, lentils, and cubed yam/sweet potato. Toss everything together with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the Balsamic Soy Dressing. Pour this dressing into the bowl and gently toss the dish together.
- Serve warm or room temperate.
Find pero family farms products near you.