Creamy One Pan Chicken with Mini Sweet Peppers & Orzo
flavor profile | savory
One of our favorite #kitchenhacks is the “one pan meal”. Less steps, and less clean up! Using a well-seasoned cast iron for this Creamy One Pan Chicken & Mini Sweet Pepper Orzo allows all of the bold and delicious flavors combine for a meal that everyone will rave about. What are your favorite kitchen hacks?
START TO FINISH
What you need
2 medium chicken breasts
1lb. Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Peppers, topped, seeded and cut into thin rings
4oz. goat cheese
4oz. cream cheese
4oz. chicken stock
½ cup orzo
½ cup fresh basil leaves
1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
What you need
Let’s Get Started
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F
- Place the Mini Sweet Peppers evenly into a 9″ x 13” baking dish.
- Top with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the seasoning mixture.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the Mini Sweet Peppers.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and goat cheese together.
- Place the cheese mixture in the middle of the dish and pour the chicken stock and orzo into the pan.
- Bake at 350 ⁰F for 25 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and top with fresh basil.