Creamed Sweet Kale
flavor profile | sweet, creamy
Use our NEW sweet & crunchy Organic Sweet Kale to make this delicious super food side dish for a yummy dinner!
START TO FINISH
What you need
9oz. Pero Family Farms®Organic Sweet Kale
½ cup Pero Family Farms® Organic Butternut Squash, pureed
½ cup fat free Half & Half
¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 tsp. white pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
What you need
Let’s Get Started
- Cook the Sweet Kale to your desired texture using the directions on the back of the bag.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- Add the half & half to the pan and keep stirring until the flour and butter mixture is thoroughly incorporated and no lumps remain.
- Add the butternut squash puree, parmesan cheese, white pepper and salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Place the cooked Sweet Kale into a casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the Sweet Kale.
- Top with panko breadcrumbs and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until the top starts to brown and the mixture is bubbling.
Find pero family farms products near you.
Latest from the Blog
Tuesday’s are for tacos! We’ve created a delicious recipe that everyone can enjoy, Plant-Based Butternut Squash Tacos. These tacos are filled with so much flavor and crunch and are so easy to prepare! We’ve done the dicing for you with our already washed and ready to...