Pero Family Garden Focaccia Bread
flavor profile | savory
You’re never too old to play with your food! Our Pero Family Garden Focaccia Bread is the perfect springtime recipe to impress a crowd. And no, you don’t need to be an artist to turn your bread into a beautiful canvas. All you need is Pero Family Farms recipe-ready vegetables and a little creativity! What design would you create?
START TO FINISH
What you need
10 oz. Pero Family Farms Asparagus
8 oz. Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Peppers, cut into rings
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup Italian parsley leaves and stems
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 tbsp. olive oil1 tbsp. butter
1 cup water
1 tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
What you need
Let’s Get Started
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Next, mix in the vegetable oil and water.
- When the dough comes together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 425⁰F.
- Punch dough down; place on a greased baking sheet and pat into a 1/2″ thick rectangle. Press your fingers into the dough to keep dimples from forming.
- Brush the dough with melted butter.
- Arrange the vegetables and herbs on the dough to create a fun picture. Lightly press the vegetables into the dough.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the focaccia is golden brown. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.