Hummus Stuffed Mini Sweet Pepper Bites
flavor profile | crunchy, savory
Have you ever wanted to try making your own hummus? Spoiler alert – it’s even easier than it sounds! These Hummus Stuffed Mini Sweet Pepper Bites are a fresh and healthy light appetizer. Snack on!
START TO FINISH
8oz. Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Peppers
1 cup of carrots, peeled, cut into 2” pieces
1 cup of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400⁰F.
- Place the carrots and 3 Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Peppers on a sheet tray; drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for approximately 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Place cooked vegetables into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, chick peas and olive oil, then pulse one more time (or until fully blended).
- Cut the remaining Mini Sweet Peppers in half, lengthwise, and remove any seeds.
- Place 1 tbsp. of hummus inside each pepper.
- Garnish with microgreens, green onions, or a sprinkle of feta cheese – if you’d like!