Farming Shepherds Pie
flavor profile | savory
This classic recipe gets a healthy spin with our Farming Shepherd’s Pie recipe. Loaded with fresh vegetables and lots of flavor, this hearty and filling meal will leave you feeling satisfied.
START TO FINISH
2 cups Pero Family Farms Snipped Green Beans
2 cups Pero Family Farms Mini Sweet Pepper Rings
2 cups Pero Family Farms Cubed Butternut Squash
1 cup Pero Family Farms English Peas
1 cup Pero Family Farms Riced Cauliflower
1 cup potato, peeled, cut into small pieces
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 egg white, whipped stiff
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add the potatoes and cauliflower.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until completely tender.
- Drain and mash the potato and cauliflower.
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Next, whip in the egg white and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F.
- Line the bottom of a large, well-greased baking dish with the Green Beans.
- Next, spread the Mini Sweet Pepper Rings, Butternut Squash, and English Peas evenly over top of the Green Beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream of mushroom soup and milk together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the vegetables.
- Next, spread the potatoes over top of the casserole using a spatula.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- RECIPE TIP: For a fun twist, pipe the potato-cauliflower mixture over top the vegetables using a pastry bag.