Fall Favorites: Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
flavor profile | creamy
Quick, easy, and delicious! This Creamy Butternut Soup by Chef Scott is a wonderful fall favorite. The creamy texture and flavorful layers of savory and sweet spices make this a great fall comfort food as the days get shorter and colder.
START TO FINISH
What you need
12oz. Pero Butternut Squash Cubes
4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
½ cup Mini Sweet Peppers
½ cup celery
½ cup onion
2 tbsp. garlic
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. sunflower seeds or pepitas (optional)
what you need
Let’s Get Started
- Bring 4 cups of vegetable stock to a boil and add the butternut squash, Mini Sweet Peppers, celery, onion, and garlic and cook until tender.
- In a blender or food processor, add the cooked vegetables and 1/2 the vegetable stock.
- Puree thoroughly.
- Add the coconut milk and remaining vegetable stock for the soup consistency you prefer.
- Next, add the chili powder, cinnamon, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Garnish with sunflower seeds or pepitas, serve immediately